GCR Audio was originally known as Trackmaster Audio housed in the former chapel of St. Margaret's Girl's School (circa 1890). The studio complex was opened in 1980, designedby the legendary studio architect John Storyk (Jay Z, Alicia Keys, Electric Lady Studios, Record Plant). Trackmaster Audio was the go-to studio for world reknowned acts such as Rick James, Spyro Gyra, Yes, Man O War, Richie Havens, Melanie, The Flaming Lips, The Barenaked Ladies, Thelma Houston, Ani Difranco, Yo Yo Ma and the Goo Goo Dolls.
Sadly, Trackmaster Audio went vacant in the late nineties. Not wanting to see such an amazing studio fade away, John Rzeznik and Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls took over the facility in 2007 as their own exclusive Inner Machine Studios. John Storyk came back to Buffalo and was contracted to completely redesigned the studio for modern recording. The results of this makeover were so dramatic that the studio was featured on the cover of Mix Magazine. In 2010, Robby Takac wanted to share this phenomenal space with the masses and opened the studio doors to the public. GCR Audio was born.
Since then, GCR Audio has been both a revolving door for world-class artists and the ideal studio for new musicians and bands. Clients book time to record albums, singles, or collaborate with the studio’s in-house orchestration team.
GCR’s staff is comprised of veteran engineers, studio musicians, and producers; the staff are experts in countless genres including rock, pop, R&B, hardcore, hip-hop, punk, metal, gospel, classical, and everything in between. GCR Audio also does post production/scoring for video/film.